Helping people save face is more useful than jockeying for nerd dominance.—Aaron Blohowiak
In which I thoroughly break down some recent work on upgrading RubyGems.org from slow SQL-based search to a fast and flexible Solr-based approach.
Congrats to my awesome friend Danielle Grisaffi for getting an article published in the NASPA Journal About Women in Higher Education!
The nerd sees the world as a system which, given enough time and effort, is completely knowable.—Rands in Repose
Tell me what you eat, and I will tell you who you are.—Jean Anthelme Brillat-Savarin
- San Diego, CA — The hometown.
- Phoenix, AZ — Desert living!
- San Francisco, CA — Multiple business trips.
- Seattle, WA — Doug and Angela get hitched!
- Orange, CA — Trav and Anna get hitched!
- Park City, UT — Week-long snowboarding trip with the fam.
And three different cities lined up for next January alone…